Okay...so I am not a baker. At all, but I feel obligated to try it considering I married a man who's Grandmother is probably the best baker I have EVER met. So when I got this book from Katie's parents, it inspired me to try baking. And not from a box, but from scratch!! Adam and I had to go to the food store yesterday so I picked two things I wanted to try and picked up the necessary ingredients I didn't already have in the house (which surprisingly wasn't a lot!)
Baking adventure #1: Classic Peanut Butter Cookies.
I know these are simple, but since I have never done it before I wanted to start off easy! And if I do say so myself, they came out great!! and taste yummy!
Baking Adventure #2: Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.
A little bit more ambitious or so I thought! They were easy to make, have not tried them yet, still cooling then I have to refrigerate for a few hours to harden!
So baking went well, and I hope to do more of it! Thanks to Katie's parents for the book! OH I also got a brownie baking pan that makes all EDGES! Can't wait to use it!
In other news, congrats to Katie and Michael on their new addition to their family - their new puppy Harley! Adam and I have also been thinking about getting another dog, so today we did some serious looking for a new addition to our family - I have some email's out to a few people and will hopefully here something soon. We are looking to get a Yorkshire Terrier - nice small. We decided that two big dogs would not be a good idea in our house. It's not a small house, but don't think we can accommodate it!
Alright time to go watch some more football and eat some homemade chili!!

No comments:
Post a Comment